Wednesday, July 9, 2008

My Tiz-urn

"Starship log, stardate 9 July 2008."

'Aight, now forgive me because I've taken over Wonderful Julie's blog for an entry of my own...

The Navy shipped me across the country but I haven't made it over the big Atlantic drink quite yet. We flew in an aircraft commandeered just for some of us Navy folk.

Since there were no cutie airline stewardesses to offer me $55 snack packs, Julie packed three pounds of homemade cookie goodness for me to grow fat on.

She said that I could expect such wonderful packages for the next half year. (Everyone on the plane was jealous until I shared graciously...)Since I'm an Individual Augmeentee (IA) sent to augment the already-stretched-too-thin Army, somebody figured I needed to be Army strong.

And where did they send me to train for Army strong? ...Backcountry South Carolina, the land that God forgot to bless.They put me up in awesome WWII open-barrack accommodations with 45 wonderful strangers, all obnoxious snorers.

Here are my new battle buddies. They don't smile because we're at breakfast and its 4:30 am. The Army armored and armed me to the teeth. FYI - Those knee pads make my legs look like chicken legs (they aren't)...

Rather than keep up his look-out duties, my buddy goofs off in our phatty Hummer ride.Grin'in and bear'in it. As they say in the Army... "Hooahhh"

P.S. Pronounced "Who ahhh," Hooahhh can mean whatever you want it to, like: "Sounds good," "I'm stoked," "Those clear glasses are dorky," or "I have South Carolina ants up my pants right now..."


I wanna send a shout out to my very best friend and absolutely wonderful wifie. I love you Julie.

For everyone else, please stay in touch with Julie and offer her whatever support she may need.

Take care. Love, Christian

7 comments:

Christian & Julie Bickings said...

aren't you just the sweetest man in the world... your writing cracks me up so much! I love you and miss you a ton and can't wait to read more things that make me laugh out loud and makes me snot with delight! love julie

Laura said...

Billy and I just read your blog.
Your so amazing with such spirit.
Proud of you we are....Derek absolutley laughed from his email corresponce from you. Well we will keep in touch and know that we are praying for your safety. Just another great learning experience for you to teach this already crazy family......We love ya.......D-Rock out
Laura, Bill, Cori and Derek

Aunt Sharon & Uncle Joey said...

Christian, thanks for the update. Sounds like you are having loads of fun! We are praying for you, Julie & your family. We are proud of you. Love, Aunt Sharon & Uncle Joey

Laurie Bonnot said...

ok...excuse the language but..... dude you look bad ass!! your blog really cracks me up....so glad to get updates and please know we are thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

We just picked up your darling wife Julie at the PHL airport. (It's 12:24am Friday morning, July 11th) She is happy and in good spirits. You have done an amazing job in preparing her for your deployment (does that sound like I'm sucking up or what!!) You look great in all of the photos and Big Lou and I are very proud of both you and Julie. We love both of you very much.... Take care of yourself.... God Bless

Justin B said...

Praying for you in this difficult time. Huuuaaaaaah! Go get em

Paul & Lori Easter said...

We met ya'll at Jill's wedding for the first time but feel like we've known ya'll a while since Aunt Sharon is always talking about you both!!! I totally agree with Aunt Sharon. Julie, you are such a sweetie & I instantly felt like we were friends. I so enjoyed getting to know you that weekend. Christian, we are so proud of you & your buddies in what you are doing for all of us. Your wonderful spirit will keep you going & will be contagious to others, so keep it up!! Your blogs & pictures make it more real for the rest of us. Sometimes we tend to forget that it's all still going on. Know that we are praying for you both. May God Bless you & keep you safe now & forever.