Thursday, July 24, 2008

Jersey tough!



I don't have a catchy phrase for my opening like my poetic husband... but I am here in New Jersey and doing well. I will start with some pictures of what has been taking up most of my time here in NJ - Mason and Ella. This is Ella showing off her new California Clip. She is such a ham in front of the camera. As soon as she sees that light, she is giving her best "blue steel" - her dad has some great high model fashion faces, so I am sure she gets it from him. (ha ha)

This is Mason at sports camp. He was a chip off his aunt's block with his athletic prowl! ... or maybe be got some from his mom too! He played basketball, soccer and baseball. He liked it so much he is going to do it again next week! He is very knowledgable on Uncle Christian's wherabouts. He tells me often that Uncle Christian had to "move to Afghanistan" and that "London is farther than California, but Afghanistan is farther than London." He can find Afghanistan on the globe and asks why God put it "all the way over there." I am not the best geography mind of our times, so he obviously does not get his map skills from me. I had a friend move to Kentucky and really had no idea where it was!


Here is a video of Ella doing one of her "tricks." She is so dang cute and is very active. I don't know how Jayne keeps up with both of them. I have spent most days with them just hanging out and of course keeping up on making California Clips. Jayne and I have been getting our new products ready and have enjoyed doing it. Christian makes fun of us and says any conversation can be brought back to clippies. It is like 6 degrees of separation with clippies!





I have been grateful for all the support people have given me. The calls and cards are awesome!
I will update in a bit to show you all pictures of my time with Christian in South Carolina. We were fortunate enough to be able to spend one last weekend together. God is surely being good to us! Get ready to start sending Christian emails, cards and whatever else you want. He will be in Afghanistan soon. Your prayers are much appreciated and keep them coming. We know that God is watching over us both during this time and we look to Him for our strength.

Keep checking - the next one should be up shortly!

Love, Julie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christian:
You are in our prayers every day and we hope the time goes quickly and you will be back in sunny San Diego before we know it.
As you can see, Julie is keeping busy and when she goes back to SD, she will have the job and friends to keep her busy, so please try not worry about her.
Take care of yourself and keep up the good work. We know you will do an awesome job in Afghanistan. Someone recently gave me this : 'THE WILL OF GOD WILL NEVER TAKE YOU WHERE THE GRACE OF GOD WILL NOT PROTECT YOU.'
We love you....

Jaime MacDonald said...

Hi Christian!
You guys are great for keeping up with this blog. I know Jules is well taken care of in NJ, but I am awaiting her return to California so I can get on a plane to see her (and get out of cold San Francisco)...I will try to keep her company here :)

We're thinking of you and are waiting to hear of your safe arrival overseas.

Tina Coleman said...

Hey Julie,
I am a friend of Sharon Bonnot's. She gave me your blog spot so I can keep up with Christian. My mom's church is getting things together to send boxes to the men and women in the service. Please be sure to post Christian's address when he gets there and settled so that he can be included!
Take care and just know that you guys are in our prayers!
God Bless you both,

Tina Coleman

jayne said...

Wow, those kids are amazingly cute and talented! We are enjoying our time with Julie in NJ- I'm certainly going to miss her when she heads back, but excited about the next few weeks. The big 30 is coming fast for her. Aug. 11th!! Yikes.